2021, 4 days
Provide the participants the knowledge to design their own process logic using BPMN 2.0 and the Camunda Modeler..
IT-Managers, IT-Project leaders, Business analysts and any person interested in using the notation BPMN2.0.
Online/remote format, 4 days, 4 hours each day.
J-IT provides a certificate of participation for: “BPMN 2.0 Modelling Workshop”
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
Cost per participant:
1.399 EUR excl. VAT
In this course, participants learn about BPMN 2.0 (Business Process Model and Notation version 2.0) which is an OMG (Object Management Group) standard for process modeling. An introduction to the DMN (Decision Model and Notation) standard is provided. The focus is on understanding the notation symbols and how to combine them to properly model business processes. This is accomplished by a hands-on approach, with modeling exercises for each topic in the Camunda Modeler.
Maximum 10 participants per group.
- Provide the participants the knowledge to understand BPMN 2.0
- Provide the participants an introduction to DMN 1.2
- Provide the participants the knowledge to model business processes using the Camunda Modeler
Day 1 – 09:00 – 14:00
- Simple process models & basic elements symbols – Gateways, tasks, pools & lanes
- Events in BPMN – Message, timer, conditional, subprocesses, call activity and artefacts
Day 2 – 09:00 – 14:00
- Review day 1
- Orchestration & Collaboration – Collaboration concepts, types of communication
- Live demo of engine (showcase of Cockpit, Admin & Tasklist)
- Attaching boundary events
- Signals, errors, escalations
Day 3 – 09:00 – 14:00
- Review day 2
- Task types & markers – Business rule task, adhoc task, multiinstance
- Event subprocesses – Interrupting & non interrupting event subprocesses
- Coupling of processes – Direct & indirect coupling
Day 4 – 09:00 – 14:00
- Review day 3
- Business rules with DMN – Basics of DMN
- Best practices & recommendations
- Technical aspects of an executable model
- Sample Exam & evaluation all together
General to all days
- Working with Camunda Modeler and the Token Plugin
- Working with examples from the training material
- Working in groups and participating in a small brainstorming session for defining internal best practices